Hello and welcome to Why Weight. We understand the pressure COVID has placed on our society, and the resultant weight gain many have experienced as a result of the COVID restrictions. Don’t worry! We are here to help you!! The key is to jump in now and get ahead of any negative health issues to assure a happy and healthy 2021.
Why Weight, in order to try to respond to these changes, has instituted the following programs to make budgeting easier. Our goal, as always, is to help you on your journey to a happier healthier weight and life, while trying not to add to your stress. We are also excited to announce some additional educational programs to help those who want to learn more about specialized topics. Check out the 4 week programs and take advantage of those you can in person, on the web live, or at your convenience with a web recording. Remember, knowledge is power, so take charge of your health today with our new program structure!
All patients at start-up must undergo the following:
Visit # 1: Initial Screening Visit and Physical Exam (45 minutes)
- Review medical history
- Clinical Exam
- Order any additional lab or EKG needed for participation
- Determine which program you qualify for
After this visit, if the patient elects to continue with Why Weight:
- Schedule and pay for the following 2 paired visits
- Begin a nutrition, sleep, symptom, and activity log for one week (booklet provided)
- Review program options and purchase a Lipovite Savings Punch Card if desired.
Visit #2: Weight Loss Educator Visit to obtain Labs and Screening EKG
- If additional labs or an EKG were ordered they can be obtained at this time. If you prefer you can obtain them with your PCP, or at an outside lab as per your discussion with the provider during your first visit.
- Discussion about your log and determining your weight and health goals for the program and choosing which program is right for you.
- Starting on your basic nutritional plan and continuing on your log.
Visit #3: Visit with Dr. Salter
- Review your labs, EKG, health goals, nutritional and symptom log, and history
- Discuss diagnostic and treatment plans for your health and weight loss plan
- Begin any medications recommended or prescribed with risk/benefit/alternatives review
- Meet with the weight loss educator to review your medical weight loss and nutritional plan prescribed by Dr. Salter at this visit, and answer questions
- Arrange any additional evaluations or medical referrals recommended
- Confirm your weight loss program plan and register you for that plan.
Why Weight Programs 2021:
- All medical, first responders, veterans, military, and emergency personnel as a special thank you for all you have done to put yourselves on the line during this epidemic, and in order to help you stay well and fit, you are offered a 3 month special weight loss program which is at a dramatically reduced rate. Call our office to discuss the program and rates. This program will include one provider visit, and a weekly 15 minute support visit in the office or on-line. This will run January-June, 2021. You must sign up for all 3 months upon registration, but can set up as 3 separate monthly payments if preferred.
- Starting 2021, all patients will be asked to register for a 6 month program (after their initial first month visits). It is important that patients commit to the weight loss process to assure their success. As an incentive for establishing a 6 month commitment, we have reduced the rates when bundled.
The visits can be in person or on the phone/internet if patients and provider agree due to COVID, travel, or any other issues which make being in the office inconvenient or impossible, as this will keep the patients on track with their weight loss program no matter what is going on in life during those 6 months. (Visits can be purchased a la carte as well at the non-bundled price.)
ONCE MONTHLY (6 MONTH PROGRAM)
1 visit per month and reduced price Lipovite injections
ONCE WEEKLY (6 MONTH PROGRAM)
2 provider and 2 weight loss educator visits monthly and reduced price Lipovite injections
ONCE MONTHLY VISIT AND 3 GROUP SESSIONS/MONTH (6 MONTH PROGRAM)
1 Provider visit (MD, Nutritionist, or Fitness Coach) and unlimited group sessions (virtual or recorded/ month). Login at your convenience to watch the 30 minute educational videos or join a live session during the regularly scheduled time.
RAPID TRANSFORMATION 12 WEEK PROGRAM
(Approval from provider required for participation)
A LA CARTE SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE AT THE UN-BUNDLED PRICE IF PREFERRED.
A LA CARTE CHARGES
1 MONTHLY PROVIDER VISIT (30 min)
(MD, Nutritionist, or Fitness Coach)
ADDITIONAL WEEKLY PROVIDER VISITS (30 min)
(MD, Nutritionist, or Fitness Coach, after initial provider visit only)
ADDITIONAL WEEKLY WEIGHT LOSS EDUCATOR VISITS (15 -30 min)
(after initial provider visit only)
(including blood draws with weight and measurements)
(Less with prepaid punch card of 10)
BLOOD DRAW ONLY
30 MINUTE EDUCATIONAL VIDEO CONFERENCES OR RECORDINGS
EDUCATIONAL 1 HOUR WORKSHOP
VERJU GREEN LASER (sold as packages alone or with programs)
(one side, 6 areas, 30 minute session)
WHY WEIGHT BOOK AND WORKBOOK
12 Week Rapid Transformation Program
Apply to join the Why Weight Rapid Transformation Team to help assure your successful and sustainable weight loss in 2021. When time is of the essence, this program uses shakes and whole foods in combination with medications, as indicated, to propel your weight loss plan. Get the support you need while meeting others who also struggle with weight issues. The Why Weight Team will help you get ready for warm weather activities in a healthy manner and teach you tricks you can use for life. The program is 12 weeks long with weekly lectures, group discussions, and weekly weight check-in (in person, by phone, or by email report). Min participation 6 members and max 10 members. Don’t miss this opportunity!!! Invite your friends to participate with you, and be ready for spring and summer.
Upon completion, you will earn your “Why Weight” jersey.
Lectures and meetings are virtual at this time. If for any reason you cannot attend one of the weekly meetings, you can also watch the recorded lecture on your own later in the week and meet virtually with the weight loss educator to report weight and blood pressure and discuss questions from the lecture.
Good To Go Program
Our priority for our Why Weight patients is to help them achieve their weight and health goals, and be able to sustain the weight loss once achieved.
We encourage those patients who have reached their weight and health goals and maintained them for 3 months, to enter a “Good To Go” program. These provide an affordable option to allow for continued support and/or medication access as needed for maintenance.
To qualify for these programs the patients must maintain their weight in the designated goal range. If their weight drifts out of the goal range for more than a month, they will be transferred back into a regular program until back in goal range for 3 consecutive months.